Two account one email problems

Hello, I'm currently trying to sign into my xbox one, but I have two account associated with one email and it pulls up the gamertag that I do not want to be associated with. I tried to change my main gamertag to a new account but I get an error message even though I haven't change my email address for this gamertag in years. the only thing I can think of is that I recently updated my credit card information. I also have tried to change the other gamertag to a new account but when I try to sign in I need to enter my account and password. even though I know they are correct cause I can sign into outlook it says they are wrong. I went to try to reset my password and they say they will send a code to verify and the code never sends. I just want to use my main account on my xbox one and not my other dead account. my main account is JHestter my dead account is JHestterGrunt.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The most common cause of this issue is that you're using the wrong account to sign in to the Xbox.  If you have the correct account on your 360 go to Settings -> Account -> Account Security and look very closely at the Microsoft Account to make sure you're using the right one.  If you ARE then the second most common reason is that your Microsoft Account is broken and you'll need to contact phone or chat support to have them take care of it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.