TWC on Xbox

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/time-warner-cable-launches-xbox-live-app-xbox-162006693.html-

-

I was wondering when this was going to happen.  Seems to me like all cable companies would be scrambling to do this, on any platform really, because it allows them to greatly increase their area coverage with minimal infrastructure investment.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't really see the relevance to Xbox One, yes it is the digital age.

They don't ever have infrastructure they are a production company, they don't exactly make televisions either. they always go to external devices.

[quote user="Dark destiny"]

I don't really see the relevance to Xbox One, yes it is the digital age.

They don't ever have infrastructure they are a production company, they don't exactly make televisions either. they always go to external devices.

[/quote]

You do realize the TWC is mainly a cable programming television provider?  One of the largest in the US?  My internet is through them.  They have physical cables running not only to my house, but also through my entire neighborhood, city and surrounding area.  That would be the infrastructure of which I speak.  Unless you mean something else?

-

I know they have their hands in several pots, but what the article speaks of is TWC streaming their cable programming through the 360 or X1 without you having to get a cable box to do it.

Oh, I associate them mainly with production, didn't realise they are a cable company too, but still, for them porting to every device they can is just business sense really.

Especially with Xbox One being branded as "the center of the living room" they realise its an untapped market.

Exactly - very good business since.  I'm surprised Cox, Knology and all the others aren't fighting to do the same.

I wish Cox would in this same manner. A dedicated app, instead of going through a set top box. I live in an apartment with 1 outlet in the living room. This would allow me to use the 360 in the bedroom for cable. My wife would probably appreciate it too when i'm using all of the TVs in the living room for college football.

Bout time TWC got with the program!  Watching tv right now on my console while my cable box records two other shows.  It's pretty nice, and I'm looking forward to the advanced version of this on the Xbox One.

I've never heard of Time Warner Cable ..

^are you serious?

Yes .. I have DirecTV and Comcast

This doesn't increase they're coverage. It works just like HBO go. You have to be a time warner cable subscriber to use the app. It will not work for everyone on Xbox Live, only those that have time warner cable in their area and are subscribed to it.