TV through Xbox One Issues

My tv worked great for the first three days through my xbox one.  Now my picture keeps freezing like I paused it, but then kicks back on anywhere from 5-60 seconds latter. Has anyone else had this issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I've had this, I'm in the UK using TiVo. I had thought that it might be the TiVo going into standby after a few hours of no activity but I'm sure that it's happened before it does. It is annoying and no sorry, haven't been able to resolve it. I'm thinking that there isn't anything to resolve it until it's patched.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Do a full reboot (unplug everything) wait 30 seconds, plug everything in again and you'll be good to go.

Sorry this didn't help.

That worked

Sorry this didn't help.

For future reference, you don't have to unplug everything. You can hold the Xbox Console power button for 8 seconds until it turns off, then wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on and everything should be worked. This process is known as power cycling and will clear the cache and reset the network card, which will also re-establish the DHCP.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just got my XBox One - experienced the same freezing issues while using the "Watch TV" feature.  Love the whole unit, but this was definitely a frustrating problem.  Here's how I fixed it:

A) Manually enter the model number settings for your TV and Set top box in the XBox One settings.  I have a Vizio TV and a Frontier FioS cable box, I was able to manually get the XBox One configured to use the exact model numbers I was using.  The drop down choices for each brand are detailed, so most of you should be able to find the devices you are using.

B) High quality HDMI cables are essential until Microsoft fixes some of the XBox One compatibility issues.  I purchased Monster Cable and Rocketfish HDMI cables for the Cable box to XBox .... and XBox to TV connections.  Make sure the HDMI cables are rated for transfer speeds of at least 15Gbps.

Then power off the cable box, XBox and TV - start them all up.  This solution worked for me and I have not had a TV freeze issue since.    Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.