TV Specifications for the Xbox One

Hi All,

Do you need to have a certain TV in order to hook up the xbox one? Do I have to have an HDTV?

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Honestly if you don't have  a HDTV you should go out and buy one....your not getting the real next gen or even last gen experience without one IMO. Im pretty sure the X1 can support SD tv but you will have to buy the cord from  a store yourself being that the X1 only ships with an hdmi cable only.

When you say an HDMI cable only... what does that mean? Sorry i'm not too familiar

HDMI cable is  a cord that connects your console to the TV thats how your able to see the image on the TV from your console. Unless you have an HDMI output you will have to buy an AV cord from best buy or something.

What kind of TV do you have now?

DJ is right ,your going to WANT an HD TV for the one ,even the 360 is like night and day from SD to HD tv

So i was curious about the one and SD TV's and found this

www.escapistmagazine.com/.../124272-Xbox-One-Wont-Support-SDTVs

Man i hope you get an HDTV now ....do you have an X1 pre order and paid off already because if you got a SD tv your gonna be screwed it sounds like.

I currently have a TV that uses the HD Cables with the 360... do you think I will be fine?

So you have component,red blue green cables with red and white for sound right for a total of 5 ,,is your TV  HD though ?You'll still need one of these

www.ebay.com/.../271198953516

If your TV that you have uses this HDMI you are fine. All HD TV's use this cable and you get one with the new Xbox One. 

Does it have an HDMI port on the back of the TV? because HD cables and HDMI cables are two different things.