TV on Xbox

I doubt anyone here will be able to help me but here goes nothin. Ok so I have a reliable high speed internet and I know the capabilities the internet holds. That being said I want to know if anyone or if there is a way to be able to watch all the tv programs i currently get on my cable... on my Xbox? My parents just bought a brand new 3D TV but they only pay for a regular TV service cause HD/more channels would be too much. 

I told them that they should cancel the cable and just watch TV over the internet where you would save money and they would be getting use out of their HD TV they got... But one of the questions I got was if they would still be able to get local channels and watch NFL games still too? Thats what I cant figure out... I looked into FiOS and Xfinity but those things dont have NFL games and are quite expensive themselves.

Hulu Plus would get them everything they are probably looking for minus NFL games and since ESPN doesn't broadcast games either I feel like there isn't any real options out there that I know of.

I just want to save my parents money and get them away from cable and embrace internet alone, plus I think it would make their TV experience a little cooler. 

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Check out the apps marketplace.  There are several sports related apps available to those who are interested.

[quote user="Doo Super Gooba"]I just want to save my parents money and get them away from cable and embrace internet alone, plus I think it would make their TV experience a little cooler.[/quote]Check the pricing from your current Internet provider. Typically, if you drop TV the price of Internet access goes up, sometimes dramatically.

My relatives have what Comcast calls "Limited basic". That's local broadcast and C-SPAN. The package is just about the same price as Internet alone, and now that Comcast finally finished their lord-knows-what rollout, any TV in the house with a QAM tuner (most modern TVs include this) can pick up broadcast on local channel IDs that most human beings would recognize.

You're not going to get access to premium services on the 360 without a subscription for those services via your cable company, at least not yet. Hulu Plus and Netflix may satisfy some of your current-run preimum TV options, but not all, and each has a separate monthly fee.

We're still a ways off from proper a la carte video delivery.

There are NFL Free to Air Restrictions, to NFL games & you will need to pay, to see live games on cable or website, at some point..