tv hd.

Hi so i want to buy a xbox one but my tv is one of the first hd tvs that came out without any port hdmi so how can I play the xbox one on it?

Please don't tell me to buy a new TV cause I don't have the money thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sadly, the xbox one is hmdi only. Unless there is a hdmi to A/V cable out there, you won't be able to hook up the xbox one to the current tv.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is a HDMI to AV Composite converter, the ones I see used run around $30 on Amazon.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can get a converter for HDMI.  And you have the money for an XB1 but not a new TV?  #firstworldproblems

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="RAPH93HD"]my tv is one of the first hd tvs that came out without any port hdmi[/quote]

If your TV is "HDready" cedrtified, it has to have a digital input port. However, a lot of cheaper TVs used a DVI Port instead of HDMI to avoid HDMI Licensing costs.

You could try and use a HDMI to DVI adaptor in that case (these adaptor plugs are dirt cheap, and even expensive ones cost less than $10 usually). However, DVI is unable to carry sound, so you will have to have an audio reciever that can work with an optical input.

If you really only have a TV with analogue inputs, your only option besides buying a new TV  is getting a digital analogue converter, that takes a HDMI signal and converts it to a component signal.

However: Since these devices usually aren't HDCP compliant, BluRay movies or downloaded movies from the Marketplace or streaming services like Netflix and the likes, will NOT work. It also might be, that you can't use the HDMI input to watch TV through your one with such a D/A converter.

You could only play games on your console.

Also know that D/A converters are not "dumb" adaptors that switch around cable connections. These converters need electronics to actively decode the digital image and sound signal and recode it as an analogue signal. So if you see an adaptor plug without a power plug or a box that contains electronics, it will not work for your purpose.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi.  I also need to do this as my tv is not HD ready.  I am not really bothered by watching films or tv on the xbox one.  Can you recommend one that works and is relatively cheap?  I have one called HDMI2AV but the ebay seller said it wouldnt work.  Would HDMI to scart be best?  My tv has pc in (d-sub) and s video inputs as well as tge rgb input which I use with my 360 now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there fredbloggsXIII!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.