Turtle Beach X11 help?

Hi guys I know this is not an xbox accessory as such but I was looking for a bit of help please, my brother has an x11 turtle beach headset which is all hooked up how it should be, but for some reason he cannot get our voices to come through the headset, he gets all the sounds and all that but whenever he tries to talk to people he can only hear them if he has the voices coming through the tv, has anybody come accross this before and have a little bit of advice please?

Thanks in advance

Godmonkee

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Yes, I know what's happening. I'll walk you through it!

When on your Xbox, hit the big middle button on your controller. Then, scroll all the way to the right. You should see an option called "preferences". Click on that. There should be another option then called Voice. Click that. Make sure the voice is at the preferred volume, and on the very bottom, make sure that either it's selected as "Play through both" or "Play through headset". Right now it will be probably set to "Play through speakers".

Hope I helped! Have a nice day!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Varment thank you for the answer, but he has just told me that what you said works but is there anyway to have it come through just the headset? when he chooses the option for headset only he gets no sound through it at all.

Thanks for any help offered

Godmonkee

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm... Does he have all the A/V cables plugged in properly? I had the X11's at one point, but I never had this issue.

Also, if he does not want the voices through the TV, just turn down the TV volume :P

I'm not sure what else to say... If you cannot fix the issue and you are certain ALL cables are plugged in properly, then I would call turtle beach. Here is a link to their website: http://turtlebeach.com/

I hope you can get it working. The headset is a fantastic peice of equipment and improves the quality of gaming.

If you need more help, just reply and I'll see what I can do :) Have a great day!

Sorry this didn't help.