Turtle Beach PX5 Presets/Suggestions

So after trying to resist the temptations, I picked up the TB PX5's today, and wow.  I've previously owned Turtle Beach X31's, Tritton AX720's, and most recently the Astro A40's, and I can safely say that the PX5's blow all of those out of the water.  The offering of 7.1 (although the most I'll normally get is 5.1) surround sound, the ability to pair a device via Bluetooth while gaming (double tap Bluetooth button on headset to initiate voice dialing via paired mobile phone = insane on a gaming headset), and the ridiculous amount of optional audio customization makes this the new bar for high quality gaming headsets, and that's without mentioning the sleek appearance and the fact that it's wireless.

Enough with that mini-review.  I'm actually looking for suggestions for editing the audio settings.  I've paired the headset to the PX5 Audio Editor software, and tweaked a few settings for Black Ops while running through a private match, but I'm not entirely clear on what each setting actually does.  The stock presets aren't horrible, but none of them have the game/voice/audio combination that I'm looking for.

With that said, if anyone has some suggestions, or would even like to share your Master Preset .xml with me, let me know.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 101 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i honestly dont think too many people have these headsets because they are pretty expensive, i would love to have a pair of these if i had that kind of money to spend right now. try checking their website where you can download other peoples sets perhaps?

I don't understand how surround sound could be consistently and accurately recreated with headphones. Given the fact that everyone has their own unique shape and folds to their ear it would be impossible to place the speakers in such a way that everyone would get the desired effect, it's just too close.

I also use Denon's AH-D2000 headphones, which sound great powered by my Asus Essence STX, but I feel that headphones never really accurately portray sounds from the front, in a spatial sense at least, since it comes from the side.

the axpro has 8 and the px5 10 speakers inside, not 2!! dont say silly cuz u dont know us!!

at the AXpro it´s called TRUE 5.1 so why it shouldnt be??

I use the tritton ax pros...true 5.1, sound amazing.....I duno bout blackops, I play battlefield...i set them (on a scale to 10) Sub:7 Center 4 Rear 6 Front 7-8 and you'll never sneak up on me.

[quote user="ADrunkCanadian"]

i honestly dont think too many people have these headsets because they are pretty expensive, i would love to have a pair of these if i had that kind of money to spend right now. try checking their website where you can download other peoples sets perhaps?

[/quote]

That's what I've assumed.  I've had a few people on Twitter asking for presets, so I just uploaded my Blops preset and gave them a link to download the .xml file.

The only downloads on the official site are from Turtle Beach, and the only game specific preset is for Dead Space 2, which apparently Visceral Games mastered themselves.

MaTtKs  Black Ops Preset Link. /i take no credit for making this, its all MaTtks.

www.2shared.com/.../Black_Ops_Master.html

I just got mine in today and they are spectacular. PX5 + Xbox + Droid = awesome. I'm streaming music from my droid's Pandora to my headset while playing and talking to friends, great sound quality.

I messed a bit with the presets. It seems as if the guide on the website is outdated, mostly referring to the Preset Manager rather than the new Advance Sound Editor (which replaced PM). I found some of the presets to work (namely the master presets, but game/chat/mic ones do not even appear, if you know something I don't please tell me!). I started with Bass+Treble boost, then brought the mids up a bit and even out the blast cap and tweaked the thresholds a bit. Really you have to just fiddle with it to see what each knob does. I found this to be best for my games (mainly Gears of War, and other shooters). You may prefer higher trebles, or mids, or basses. Just mess with it.

The mic mods are fun, but my friends all say its too hard to hear me. I didn't want to bother messing with it too much while playing, but I'm sure you can come in crystal clear if you adjust thresholds as you adjust pitch.

My chat is default with some volumes and threshold turned up a bit so I can always hear people when the game gets loud. Start with game sound then do chat. Mic I would always leave as standard unless you want to disguise your voice.

Why is it that nobody realizes you can't replicate 5.1-6.1or 7.1 with only two channels?  No headphones on the planet are true replications in any of these respects.  They may be simulated sure, but not actual.  If you want true surround you need at least 5 speakers plus a sub.  I use Denon "cans" in particular the AHD200 which retail for around $350.00 and they are so superior to everything.  If only McIntosh made headphones.  Surround is a gimmick at best.  It was designed by Hollywood for movies.  If you want REAL surround you have to use real speakers, not headphones.  Again, it may seem real, but it's not.  It is simulated.  Silly boys.

Please can you send me the master preset for Black ops, i just went from x11's to Px5's yesterday and with the presets i have i have to say that the x11 sound was much better but this is probably just because i havent played around with the different settings enough.

Nobody?

I've got a nice Master Preset for Black Ops MP if anyone with the PX5's happen to be interested.