Turning Auto-Renewal 'off' does not work correctly!

So, I have been a loyal xbox supporter and enthusiast for 5 years now. I have always bought a gold year subscription and just allowed it to renewal; that is until this year. I had to switch jobs and was a little low on funds, so decided to use some of those free month subscriptions they always put into the new games you buy (I had about 3 of them). After they ran out I decided to just buy a 3 month subscription. During this 3 month subscription I had changed my auto-renewal to 'OFF' because I wasn't sure if I would have the money for it by the time the renewal period came. I've always trusted microsoft and went about the next few months without a worry in the world. Sure enough, as if microsoft was like one of those kind of sketchy, greedy online companies, I had a 3 month renewal charge show up on my credit card. There is nothing I can do about it now, even though I clearly stated in my settings that I did not want the renewal. I just want to give a warning to everyone out there.

It may have to do with a glitch because even though I 'truely' bought a 3 month subscription, under my subscriptions list it has it stated as a 1 month prepaid (that also renewals). I'm not sure if everyone who buys a 3 month subscription has it stated as a 1 month prepaid or if that was just a glitch with me. But i'm thinking with this glitch, if you use a free month subscription and then pay for additional months while still under the free month it will auto renewal without checking for the users' preferences.

May be an unusual situation but wanted to let people know!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You can cancel it at http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:7:0 or by calling Option #1 at Xbox Support (see below for phone numbers).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.