Turned 18 and new terms of service = confusion

I used my parents email as well as my cousins for me to be allowed on live. After turning 18 I tried to take full control of my account and can't download it anymore. I have my information & my cousin knows his... but, the problem lies with my dads email. He is 67 and has no need for an email it was only for the dial-up company we went through to login on dial-up and this is 3-4 years ago. Long since have we forgotten all that jazz. SOOOO, How would I as my own gaurdian go about taking back my account?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You need to either remember that old password, or reset it by clicking "Forgot your password" on the Microsoft Account sign in webpage. There is no excuse for forgetting that information. As the account user it is no one's responsibility but YOUR'S to keep track of and/or update any relevant password or e-mail used for your account. Tough lesson learned.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately DPRK is correct on this matter. If you can not remember your password then you will not be able to recover your account. You could call xbox support but unless you can provide information from when you made the account they won't be able to help you. Best of luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

@ShayyahS

Thanks for coming to us with this question.  It sounds like there's some information missing so a new account may be best, but before we declare that for sure we want to be positive that all possible steps have been tried.

This process will require knowing which e-mail address was used to make the account. Even if you can't access it, knowing its address will be critical. 

If you are able to access the account, we recommend resetting the password here.

If you do not have access to the e-mail, but do know what it is, the recovery form is what you need. If you get an e-mail response denying your request, following up with phone support will be best.  If you do not get an e-mail, we recommend trying again after gathering as much of the request information as you possibly can.  

If you do not have access to the e-mail account & do not know what it is, we recommend checking out these tips for tracking down the e-mail address tied to your gamertag.  

Hopefully some of this information will help get you back on your Gamertag. Please let us know how it goes & if we can be of further assistance. We'll be here. :-)  

Sorry this didn't help.