Turn on Xbox 360 S 250GB, freeze during splash screen

I apologize in advance because I posted a similar thread recently but was not really helped in any way.

My Xbox 360 is a refurbished, slim, 250gb. I experienced a red dot a week ago(no ring, only the center dot) and it froze. No error message, nothing. Now, every time I turn it on the screen will go black a couple seconds into the splash screen. The Xbox remains powered on but my controller never syncs...well the screen is black anyways so what could I do...

I've tried removing the hdd(system will power on with it removed, but the screen remains black), unhooking all of the power supply cords, plugged the power brick into a power strip as well as my wall outlet. It is in a very well ventilated area.

I haven't seen the red dot since the problems started. Sometimes my Xbox will load to the dashboard and work but if I turn it off and back on, it will freeze at the splash screen. I think it works about once out of every 40 times I turn it on.

The flashing lights wizard will not help me, as only the center dot was red. I have no warranty. I've considered buying a 4gb model and transferring my 250hdd to it(if that would work).

Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

I suggest getting a 4gb model. If you have the hard drive then everything will be fine. The new xbox will act fine with the hard drive, and all it's content. Sorry for the inconvienience. I hope I helped :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.