Turn off auto renewal? Using a free 30 day trial

I created a new gamertag to get free 30 day trial which was left over on my console but unfortunately because of the new changes it asked for payment methods it won't let me process without it putting in something so I just entered my paypal details. Is there a way to remove auto renewal? or my paypal details? I click on my account on here it claims to not have my details when it does (yeah right they will be quick to charge me when it renews) says i'm a free member. wtf? I go on the console & go to manage payment options then remove payment option it comes up can't retrive in information from xbox live please try again later. (once again yeah right conning b....s) Anyone is there a method to turn it off or remove my paypals without calling them up I don't want to be charger at the end of the month for a service I don't really want.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Update - it now let's me turn off auto renewal on my account but it won't let me delete my paypal details do I have to wait til my gold runs out or what?

I would suggest giving Xbox Support a call:

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Edit - I'd wait until the trial runs out, try again and if the problem persists give them a call.

You can't remove a payment method if it is tied to your current Gold subscription.

-

So do as SunridgeS says and when the trial is up you'll be able to remove PayPal.

hi i also have the same problem, where can i turn off my autorenewal from? my dad will be furious when he finds out he needs to pay every month for something stupid like xbox live. currently having second thoughts on whether or not i should have switched to xbox from ps3, really miss the free subscriptions!

Whilst subscriptions to play online is turd, think of it more along the lines of what games the 360 has. Iif you love the games on the 360 then your onto a winner.

-

And yeah. Turn off auto renewal and then when the final day runs out and your back on silver, that's when you can then delete the card details.