Trying to Unblock Connection

All right, bear with me here. This is a technical issue and I'm not a very technical guy.

So I live at home with my dad, and I was gone for a few days for work. My dad was policing the network and found a bunch of connections open, called "newhost01," "newhost02," etc. in increasing increments of 1. He was a little confused about it, finding about nine or so connections, but when he tried to ping the source of these connections it didn't ping back. Naturally, he concluded they were either old or part of some fiendish malware plot and disabled them.

The other day I come home, try to start up my Xbox, and get an error message saying it can't connect. I check all my connections, but I passed on restarting the router because our house is rather full at the moment and there's always somebody using the Internet. No big deal, just played some games offline.

A few days later, I'm still having the same issue. I restart the router to no avail, and that's when my dad informs me about the blocked connections. We've tried reactivating them, but nothing's working. I've followed the troubleshooting guide to the step where I connect directly to the modem, but I haven't proceeded because 1.) my Xbox is in my room and the modem isn't located anywhere near a television or other screen I could use to tell what's going on, and 2.) doing so wouldn't help me solve this problem, even if it did let me connect.

I realize this is all terribly vague, and I apologize. I'm a librarian, I don't usually have to deal with this sort of issue. My dad's trying to figure out what he did, but no joy so far. If this sounds even remotely familiar to anyone, I'd appreciate any information you could give me. Links, anecdotes, whatever. Short of somehow clearing out all the connection data on the router, we're at a loss.

Thanks for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

ratunku nie wiem jak odblokować zabezpieczenie kontroli rodzicielskiej a zapomniałem hasła

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried port forwarding the correct xbox ports, and is the mtu size set at least to the minimum amount, try setting a static ip address and making sure you change your router channel if you live in high populated internet areas.

^KR
Apple Developer

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings CaptRaspberry!

Appreciate if you can post up the make and model of your router. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes what taidara, says we can barely do anything without knowing what make the router is

^KR
Apple Developer

Sorry this didn't help.