Trying to switch email addresses

Wow. This is tedious.

Basically, I have two accounts. One of them is an old account I used for my Xbox (which I no longer have) and is called Alabama619. This account uses the same email address I use for regular emails and login info for almost every website/service - [MOD REMOVED] The other account is one I created for Games for Windows LIVE use on my PC called ACJJ619, which uses an email address  [MOD REMOVED]

However, the  [MOD REMOVED]email account is now closed (I physically cannot access it) so I want to put my  [MOD REMOVED] email address FROM my Alabama619 account onto my ACJJ619 account. Sounds easy? You're wrong.

The alternative email addresses for both accounts are also redundant. Alabama619 uses the  [MOD REMOVED] one and ACJJ619 uses  [MOD REMOVED] Both of these are redundant and I can't access either. So when I try to close the Alabama619 account to free up the  [MOD REMOVED] email address, it sends a confirmation email to a redundant email address.

I just want my valid email address on my ACJJ619 gamertag. How can this be done? It seems impossible!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi, Go to this page and scroll to topic: "Switch gamertags between two Windows Live ID accounts" support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

Let us know how it goes...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.