Trying to sign in to xbox live and my son is getting Windows Live ID Invalid

My son is trying to login in to xbox live.  He receives the message Windows Live ID invalid.  We then choose the option change windows live ID, we put in a newly created Live ID and password and then verify information.  His id is attached to a parent so it then asks for parents permission.  This is where there is trouble.  It will NOT allow us to enter in the parents email.  Email line is NOT bright green it is shaded green. We CAN add a password but even putting in the password with no email it tells us xbox is not available at this time.

Original user ID is an email account we DO NOT have access to anymore, it has been deleted and is unaccessible, therefore we can not just change the password we need to attach his gamertag PricyPillow2 to a new user ID.

I spent Hours on the phone with Xbox support and they told me its a Windows live issue.   I then went and posted on Windows answers forum and only got an answer that told me the account is inaccessible and nothing else.

Please looking for any solution to this.  Going on day 4 now with my son wanting to play.

Also I do have access to the email and password that is associated with his gamertag/Windows Live Account as the parent.

any help would be appreciated.   Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I suggest calling Windows LIVE Support as they'll be able to help w/ the e-mail problems.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no number for windows live for support only the forum I mentioned per xbox phone support

Sorry this didn't help.

A simple internet search pulled up the phone support line for Windows Live and Hotmail.

888-768-4209

Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.