Trying to recover my account

Hi,

My gamertag is supposed to be Lambeaus. When I sign it it logs me into this fake account. I recently tried to make a post in the 'account suspended' forum, but it was blindly deleted by a moderator who didn't seem to read my post, judging by the email that was sent to me.

I know that my account has been hacked, and has been stuck in 'investigation' for two months. Why would the moderator tell me to open a case!?!?

My initial post...

-------

Hello,

My gamertag is Lambeaus. When I sign in, this is the account that comes up.

I am the victim of an account hacking. I was at work and was notified by some buddies that I was playing games that they know I don't play when they know I wouldn't be online. I checked and sure enough, my account had played games that I don't own. I also 'purchased' a couple of packs of MS Points (the second one was stopped by some sort of anti-fraud system....the other still sits as a charge to my credit card.

I realize that this happens, but I do not accept the process in how this is getting worked out.

I reported this as soon as I realized something was wrong. Was told that it would take 2-3 weeks to get it worked out.

2-3 weeks later, I called back only to find that they needed more information. It is unfortunate that I wasn't contacted, and had to find out on my own. How long would it had been held up if I hadn't called? I gave additional info and was told it would be another 2-3 weeks.

A few weeks later I was contacted, needing yet more information (a third email). I gave them that information, and was told it would be a couple days to a week until I would have my account back.

It has been over a week. I just got off the phone with a supervisor, and was told the same thing as the last half dozen calls I have made, that there was nothing that can be done. I tried to remove my credit card from my account, and can't even do that.

I am at a loss of words now. Don't know who can help me out. This is supposed to be customer service, but I'm not getting any!

Gears has been out for almost a month now, and I have yet to play online. Modern Warfare 3 is just around the corner, and it is looking like I am going to be late to that party as well.

I would appreciate it if I can get any guidance or information as to what I can do or point me to somebody that can do something.

Sincerely,

A loyal and frusterated XBL gamer

-----------------------------------------------

The email I received in response to this post....

Your forum post was deleted by a moderator.

Subject: Been locked out of my account since September 5
Posted to: 14 - My LIVE account was suspended

Reason: If you feel this occurred while your account was compromised and not in your possession, you may open an ‘Unauthorized Access’ case by contacting your local Xbox support number. While we work directly with Support during their investigation, please note that they will make all further contact with you regarding the details and results of their proceedings. We will be unable to assist you in this process. Be aware that this process may lock your account out for several days, during which time you will be unable to access Xbox LIVE. Additionally, until such time as the Unauthorized Access claim is substantiated, the suspension of the account will stand as issued.

-------------------------------------------------

All I want is access to a service that I have paid for! I have all the proof I would ever need to show that I am the rightful owner of this account.

Is this what customer service has come down to?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

FWIW, I can vouch for this guy.  I've played Gears of War with Lambeaus on several occasions, and while some might call him a gaming god, I will always cherish chasing him down with my team, himself the remaining member of his own, ending his valiant effort to turn the tide with a soul crushing shot from my Hammer of Dawn.

Please help him Microsoft.  He's getting the run around.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This really is an absurd situation. Making someone wait for two months and counting to use a service they paid money for is insane. Especially at this time of year when some of the most high profile games are coming out. This situation should be rectified immediately.

Sorry this didn't help.

this is non jtag work :) they use those in a store in new york , i saw some of them when i was abroad

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey OP - how many days ago did you first open the UA claim? If it's been longer than 60, can you please PM me (Forums only - no Xbox LIVE Messages, please) the following info?

GT in question:

SR#:

Date started:

Console ID:

Console serial number:  

Sorry this didn't help.

60 days? Microsoft can't be serious.  I was going to renew my Gold membership to play Gears 3 coop, but given Lambeaus' situation which apparently is disturbingly common with a very large number of other folks getting compromised since September, there's no way I could reason paying for a service that has such a long turnaround on account hijackings.  Especially given it's the time of the year all of the good games are coming out.  Miss Portia, I realize you probably don't write the policy for handling these sorts of cases, but you need to communicate to your company that this is unacceptable to paying customers.   What's more is that I've had a lot of friends and coworkers ask me about what games and systems to buy for Christmas.  I've recommended the 360 to people who like to play games online with friends, and I'm going to have to now say "but listen to this guy's story."  Can you imagine their reaction when I tell them if it happens to them, they'll potentially have to wait 60 days before someone does something about it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there keef! I do understand where you're coming from, especially considering what you see on the forums, but I want to clear something up. The vast majority of UA cases are completed within the 25-day estimate and control is returned to the user without any hassle. The cases you are seeing here on the forums are issues that are more complicated, and we are working directly with the UA team to sort these out and resolve them as fast as possible.

One thing you can do to ensure the safety and security of your account is take a look at our Security Page and follow the guidelines listed there. There are tips to creating and maintaining secure account information. Let me know if I can be of further assistance here. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.