Trying to play 2 xboxs at same time..

i have a ubee dw3611 modem with twc 32 up 5 dn, bought a netgear 900 router figuring this will fix having two boxes on at the same time...ive read posts with the ubee modem on different sites...i have exhausted using the modem wired and wireless  both wired, and modem bridged to router. No sites or posts i have came across has helped. I can only get 1 box to play with the other being kicked off or not connecting at all any information would be much apprciated..Breez.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

32 dn and 5 up*

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same router and I actually have 3 Xboxes hooked up to it, all wireless.  So it probably isn't router related. I will assume that you are not trying to use the same Xbox Live Accounts on both simultaneously as that won't work.

A few ideas / things to check:

Are you using static IP addresses for each xbox? I've found that at times I've had to switch from static to DHCP assigned and vice versa.

If you hook up each one at a time does it work?  Is it one of the two that is the problem.

Have you upgraded the firmware on the router to the latest?

Have you changed any settings within the router?  What you could try is giving the one Xbox a static IP address and setting it in the Router DMZ. Then let the other one get an assigned IP address DHCP.

Contact TWC and have them reset your cable modem or request a firmware update for the modem.

Sorry this didn't help.

2 boxes 2 different accounts....I will check for router firmware updates....I think u might be on to something with the firmware on the ubee.....I will do all these and post again on if it worked..

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there db BreeZ!

Your Ubee dw3611 should be properly configured in bridge mode. Make sure Ubee dw3611's firewall is disabled as well. 

Do not configure any of your console's with a static IP address. Instead, make sure both console's are set to obtain IP address and DNS server automatic.

Make sure UPnP is enabled on your Netgear router. If any of the other forwarding rule's are enabled, (DMZ, Port Forward, Port Triggering) turn them off.

Visit Netgear website and make sure your router is up-to-date with the latest version of firmware. 

Keep us posted! 

Sorry this didn't help.