Trying to pay you guys for a Gold subscription... but you won't let me.

For a week now, I've been trying to pay to have my Gold subscription renewed because for someone reason you couldn't take the money off of my card which has about 300 times the amount of money for it....

Every time I try to pay online, I pick one month subscription and it goes off to a confirmation page that says "Uh-oh! That shouldn't have happened. You've found a glitch in our system". So I turn on my xbox and try to pay online, but it can't connect with you guys to make a damn payment.

I'd really like to pay you guys, I'm sure Sony would gladly take my money. Paying for a Gold subscription just to watch Netflix which costs money also is getting a little tiring. The amount of times I've tried to pay you guys, I could have just put together another HTPC by now.

Please fix it, it's not that hard. I'm a software engineer with a fraction of the resources you guys have and I manage to keep all my payment processing systems up and running without issue. Don't you have automatic error/exception reporting? It's rather elementary.

Please let me pay you...

Sincerely,

Sick and tired.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

How can you not connect on the console? Are you completely unable to connect to LIVE? We should definitely sort that out before you pay for LIVE service, yeah? Also, take a look at our Connection Guide to see if that helps (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can connect just fine. I go to pay and I get an error. I don't have the exact one at the moment. I'm at work, but it's something along the lines of not receiving a response from Microsoft I think. I'll have to post it when I get home.

It's weird, I've never had a problem paying before, let alone with two methods. Is the billing system the same on the xbox and the xbox.com website?

p.s. Sorry about the snarky question. Really crappy day at work today :)

p.s.s Looks like I got an error trying to edit my post twice. Are you guys doing some maintenance to the website??

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey - no worries on the question. We all have those days. :) In order to fully diagnose your issue however, we'll need the exact error message along with the alpha-numeric error message if it's available. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok sorry it took me so long. I get the following errors.

On the console

"Can't retreive information from Xbox Live. Please try again later." Status Code 80190864 (same for almost 2 weeks).

On the website

"Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened."

"It appears you've found a glitch in the system."

date:     9/17/2011 3:56:18 AM
code:    3A6C67D834653D4
s:          wI5GANt6yHWle1DHf5Cx9w==
id:         9ec22d5a-cd61-4622-bfb6-2acadcf9dd9c
req:       3d5116bd-53b2-491d-85ed-8456c3aa140f

Sorry this didn't help.

80190864 means you have some sort of billing violation on your account. You need to go to https://billing.microsoft.com and make sure all of your information is correct, up to date, and you don't have any outstanding balances. If you can't fix it from there, you'll have to call support and work with billing to get it sorted out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you smwutches!

It would be help the end user experience tremendously if you guys included some user friendly error messages. I don't mean that to come off as rude at all. I have experience working on UX for a lot of different platforms. Making the user either google an error message, come on the forums, or call xbox live support just to find out it was trying to bill an old card is really detrimental the an otherwise great service.

Just my .02

(I have other great ideas for the user experience, in case you guys are hiring in that department ;) haha)

Sorry this didn't help.

it still aint working

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Eman! If you are seeing this error code, it is an issue with your billing account. Please contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) regarding the issue. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.