Trying to open the NAT is giving me a headache.

Ok so I try the DMZ deal. works the first time I turn the xbox on but then resets to moderate next time I come back to the xbox.

Tried port forwarding, and once I get to adding TCP 80 the router page won't load anymore so I have to reset the router completely to factory settings.

And apparently they updated the router late last year and took out upnp. All I see where it used to be is IPv6.

my modem/ router is a MI424WR Fios modem/ router.

Allow Other Network Users to Control Wireless Broadband Router's Network Features
Enable Automatic Cleanup of Old Unused UPnP Services

^^^I found it hidden, had to use an outside link. those two are both checked and the only other option is to change WAN Connection Publication from publish only the main wan connection to publish all wan connections.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 35 Applies to:

Hey there, Eagle! I hope you had a great holiday. Chances are that when you turn your Xbox console on it is getting a new IP address from your gateway (that's the MI424). When that happens, whatever DMZ rule you set up for your console is no longer valid. Try THIS. It is how you set up DHCP reservation. That will make it so that your Xbox tries to pull the same IP address every time it boots up. That way any DMZ rule you set up will be pointing to the console no matter what. Have a great day, and let me know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.