Trying to download latest update

Hi, we're trying to download the latest update to be able to use kinect. We've tried downloading this through our wired connection (which we've never previously had a problem with) however this fails about 1/3 of the way through coming up with error code 3cd6 0000 3080 0506 8007 2ee2.

We then tried downlaoding the update to a cd, we've tried this twice, both times followed the instructions on how to download the update to a cd, inserted the cd, restarted xbox however it just shows a greyed out "mixed media disc" with no option to play the disc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

We have a wired connection through an o2 wireless box IV, we currently have silver xbox live membership.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Status code: 80072EE2

This Xbox LIVE status code occurs if a Marketplace download takes a long time (the connection "times out"). To fix this problem, try the following solutions:

Solution 1: Try the download again

On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.

Go to Settings, then select Account.

Select Download History.

Select the item that you are having download problems with, and then select Download Again.

If you still cannot download the content, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Maximise your network bandwidth

When you download content from Xbox LIVE, make sure that other computers in your home are not downloading or transferring files. When someone in your house browses the Internet, they use network bandwidth that could be going to your console.

Note Bandwidth is the amount of information transferred over your Internet connection.

You can also try temporarily disconnecting or turning off devices that are connected to your home network.

Once you've maximised your network bandwidth, try to download the content again. If the download fails again, try the next solution.

Solution 3: Stay on the download screen

While the download is in progress, do not use your console to play games or do anything else. Using the console while downloading content can cause the download to pause, stop or time out.

If you stay on the download screen and continue to have the same problem, try the next solution.

Solution 4: Check for network connectivity or ISP issues

A download can fail if your Internet service provider (ISP) has set bandwidth or connection time limits. Contact your ISP to determine if there are any restrictions that could cause your connection to time out.

Could you try using a USB flash drive if you're struggling with the cd method, the following link describes numerous methods of updating your console.

forums.xbox.com/.../7.aspx

Bananas !!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmmm maybe that link didn't work quite as expected.

forums.xbox.com/.../166045.aspx

This one should, sorry about that.

Bananas !!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, thanks for the reply. The first solution doesn't work as it won't let me even connect to xbox live without downloading the update which just goes round in circles. I've tried turning all of our phones and computers off wifi however it still won't download. Option 3, I haven't attempted to do anything whilst downloading (playing games etc) I've tried downloading the update to both a cd and a USB hard drive, the hard drive doesn't do anything, nothing loads when I turn the xbox on. We tried a USB drive however the one we had wasn't compatible. I'm not sure if i'm downloading the update incorrectly to the pc but i'm following the instructions on the website.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi are you unzipping the update file you downloaded before you burn the cd?

Burn to a CD or DVD

You can update your Xbox 360 console software by downloading the update to your computer from Xbox.com, burning the update to a CD or DVD, and then installing the update on your console. Here's how:

On your computer, download the update file.

Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.

Unzip the file. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.

If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.

If you are using an earlier version of Windows, you need to use a special software program to unzip the file (for example, WinZip).

Insert a blank, writeable CD or DVD into your computer.

Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory on your CD or DVD, and choose to write (burn) the files to the disc.

Once the files have been burned to disc, remove that disc from your computer and insert it into the disc drive on your Xbox 360 console.

Restart the console.

When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.

Bananas !!

Sorry this didn't help.

Can I just suggest if ThingOnAString's suggestions don't seem to work that you do the following:

1) Press and hold sync button

2) Press power button

3) If you reach the dashboard release the sync button and let us know, if not, post back so I can further try and assist you.

Once you have done this try installing the update again and see how it goes. 

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Sorry this didn't help.

We took the xbox round the parents house and managed to download the update there using their internet. It seems our ISP must have a download limit, not happy as we hardly use our internet. Thanks for all your help

Sorry this didn't help.

Great, glad you got it working.

Sorry this didn't help.

Happy days.....

Bananas !!

Sorry this didn't help.