Trying to Connect to Live for the First Time

Hello -

First time trying to set-up and connect to Live (wirelessly) and I keep receiving a connection error between xbox console and wireless router. I have also checked, I have a new console so I dont think an adaptor is needed.

Which Xbox LIVE connection error you're getting?  W=0000-0000; X=8000-0013; Y=0000.0000; Z=0000.0000; ID=FFFF-FFFF; L=8015-0002; Q=8007-0435; T=WIRELESS; A=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0; G=0.0.0.0; D=0000,0000

The make and model of your router or other network hardware. **** Touchstone DOCSIS 3.0 Gateways

The troubleshooting steps you already tried. I have gone thru the troubleshooting guides onscreen and online,  tried resetting my router and the console, checked to make  DHCP is enabled in router set-up (it is) , double-checked the password, checked the strength and all apears to be good. I have internet connection for every other device in my house.

Thanks in advance for your assitance and please let me know what additional information is needed to get this working.

Meg

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

http://tinyurl.com/bad4xbox explains that Comcast has bad firmware on their Arris gateways - are you using Comcast and a TG852 or TG862 series gateway? If so, mydeviceinfo.comcast.net shows its replacements are the Motorola SBG6580 (or the SMCD3GNV if you use Comcast for phone service as well as Internet). Comcast will replace it for free if you bring it in to a service center and explain you have an Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the response. Yes,  I am using Comcast and I just checked the model....it is a TG862G.  The router is combo for phone and internet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Then the SMC replacement is the way to go!

Sorry this didn't help.

Quick question....do you know if this router will be the issue regardless if I try to connect wireless or wired? I could purchase a long enough ethernet cable to hook the console directly to the Arris router for the time being until I can swap out the routers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, it will be an issue with both wired and wireless unfortunately.

Sorry this didn't help.