Trying to connect in a hotel

I am trying to connect to xbox live while staying at a hotel.  The wireless requires no login information, however when connecting with my computer a small browser pops up that says join and promptly disappears without any action from myself.  I have also tried using a hardline via ethernet however it still will not allow me to connect.  Is there anything I can do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

get the mac address from your xbox & then turn it off. set that as the mac address on the wireless for your computer & connect, then turn off your wireless and remove the mac (in that order). turn on your xbox, it *should* connect, turn on your computer it will say it needs to reconnect.

wipe hands sip drink. repeat that last step as needed.

this doesnt work everywhere and you will need to look up the informaiton on where to make those mac address changes on your computer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

that sounds brilliant.  however i am a bit of a rookie.  how do i set the mac address on my computer to the one i am reading off my xbox?  i have a macbook. any idea?  i cant find anything on the internet.  the youtube vid i saw for spoofing MAC address didnt work for me.  gave me a big warning and i got scared and didnt go thru with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

the warning is because when you spoof your mac address that way it can have some odd results. nothing permanently damaging, but you can cause yourself some headaches with connections with it until you remove the settings.

As for how to do it on a mac... i have no clue on that one... im going to guess that its not as easy as it is in windows so someone more mac friendly will have to point that one out

Sorry this didn't help.

i really appreciate your help man

Sorry this didn't help.