Trying to change my Xbox Live Location.

I tried changing my location from  Canada To United States and i get this

"This setting violates the Terms of Service." - Xbox.com

OR

"Your location contains a word or phrase that isn't allowed. Please try again." - Xbox 360 (Live)

Can someone help me with this issue, and tell me why I no longer can change my name??

And don't tell me that I must be messing with the billing info, Im not messing with that im only messing with the xbox live location which is NOT related to the Billing info.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

So, are you trying to change your location or your GT name? What is the exact location/GT you are trying to use and the exact error message you get. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello

I'm trying to change my location that's all, But every time I do I get that 'Terms of Use Error'. Nothing else is said in that message.

Sorry this didn't help.

Region migration is not supported at this time. We suggest creating a new account in the region you physically reside in.

Sorry this didn't help.

I keep getting this error, and I have always been in the United States. I moved from one city in a state to another city, and I tried to change my location. It keeps giving me the same error code as well. I find this to be incredibly annoying. I went so far as to try "This error code violates my rights". And sure enough, no error message that time. If you aren't going to allow people to be honest about where they live, which is incredibly ridiculous, then remove this field from the profile all together. Not being able to put my actual city is asinine.

Sorry this didn't help.

I find the lack of region migration annoying as they show the gamer score as a huge reason to play on live yet if I move I sacrifice it and need to re-add all of my friends? The most ridiculous part is they often tell me it is due to the point value of cards available in each region as the points are worth the same amount in every regions money. But apparently Canada having a 2000 point card and the US having 1600 and  4000 point cards is making a huge difference. Please support rep don't bother responding if you are just going to copy and past again.

I also know that you used to allow transferring to a very select list of countries which included as I recall Greece and South Africa. When I pointed this out I was told we can't transfer to try and get exclusive content yet I know 10-20 people who just make an account in whatever region to get the content so it cannot be that. The transfers had required a switch of at least a year which would be impractical anyways.  Now I am just ranting though... so I will be going now.

Sorry this didn't help.