Trying to buy subscription to Xbox LIVE

My dad's AMEX card is showing a status of 'good' on the Microsoft Billing and Account Management page, but when I try to buy an Xbox LIVE Gold I subscription on my pc from xbox.com or from my Xbox console (Xbox LIVE Marketplace) I get, "Sorry, there's an issue with your account. To fix the problem, visit https://account.live.com or choose a different payment method." BUT... there is no help available on account.live.com. I Google'd and found tons of people who get the same runaround. What the deal??? Do you want to sell Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions or what??? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well that is good it has been used before - But wonder why the transaction is getting kicked out.

If there are not Error Codes 80****** may want to try to contact AMEX to see what the transaction is doing when you try to do the purchase.

I have done this in the past, then phoned xbox support told them what problem the bank was seeing and a few weeks later it was fixed.

In the mean time of all that a sub card will work as well, unless it is a dashboard promo that is being purchased.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes. Xbox even said that "This card can be used for purchases on your account."

Sorry this didn't help.

When using Your dad's AMEX does all the information match his billing information?

Also check out billing.microsoft.com and check the information there as well.

Sorry this didn't help.