trying to add another live profile

I am trying to make one of the profiles on our account a Live profile.  We already have one but I have another child that would like his own gamertag.  Is this possible?  I tried selecting the profile and then join the fun, after that it asks a name and then my email and password, after this it tells me that email already has a gamertag or profile.  Is it possible to use one email or microsoft account for multiple gamertags or live memberships without purchasing the family pack?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Unfortunately there is no way to make it so one e-mail has multiple gamertags, each gamertag must have a separate e-mail and password (with security information) all separated! Hope that helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the help, I've been searching everywhere.  One more thing, if I set up under another email can I transfer this new gamertag to the other account at some point?  I just hate the thought of having multiple accounts and trying to keep them straight.  I'm guessing it may be easier to have a family account where this can be done.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't transfer gamertags, but you can change the e-mail on the gamertag itself if that helps! I understand that It is very frustrating having to keep track of 3 or 4 e-mails all at once, but it's the safest and smartest way. :)

Sorry this didn't help.