Troubling Changing WLID

Hey Xbox Support,

In just a few days I will be moving into college and I wanted to prepare my Xbox for the change. This means changing all the old information I had associated with my account to new information. Originally when I joined the Xbox Community, I was thirteen and I had my dad put in his information. I have since updated everything except the WLID linked with my Gamertag. Whenever I try to do this via Xbox I get an error message saying that the email or password for the new WLID is not valid. I have triple checked all the information and I still get the same response. I later called Xbox Support and talked to a staff member. He instructed me to try and change it over the internet. I re-verified my current WLID email adress, and changed a few things on the account. When I enter my own personal email in the "Use Your Own Email" section, I get this webpage loaded. "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." Is there currently an issue with changing your WLID? Is there a mistake I'm doing? Please help. I have been having trouble with this for days.

Thanks.

PS: I forgot the Xbox Support Staff's name, but he was really chill. If you read this, thanks for your support.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

By the way, my account is an adult account. I forgot to mention this above.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Make sure you are using Windows Internet Explorer for any Microsoft related internet business. You can also visit the Windows Live Support team at windowslivehelp.com. Xbox Live and Windows Live are 2 totally seperate entities.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was unaware of any way to change your WLID on Xbox.com. Can you provide me the link to this option? As for on the console, try to delete your profile (profile only, not items!), clear system cache, restart the console, recover your profile, and try again.

Sorry this didn't help.

The Xbox Support Staff told me to go to www.account.live.com. Or when you are signed in using your WLID, you can just go to account. Under that you can see the option to change several options with your account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to change WLID on the website, only on the console. Check this guide for how to change your WLID. Make sure you pick the right one as you can only change your WLID once every thirty days. forums.xbox.com/.../19163.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.