Trouble with update

I attempted to download the new update and after doing so, I can't connect to xbox live. I tried resetting the network IP address and turning off/on wireless modem, but still can't connect. Can't get past the first part of the 'test connection phase'. Afterwards, it takes me to the 'can't obtain IP address' help page - followed those steps but no luck. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Thank you, the last post worked for me!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You have a wireless router is that correct?  I had the same issue last Thursday and I found that I had to change my wireless settings from WPA (TKIP) to WPA2 (AES) for it to connect.

Sorry this didn't help.

Guys, please take a few minutes to check that post and answser those questions. I'm especially interested in the exact error message you're receiving when running a LIVE Connection Test.

Sorry this didn't help.

Update is causing trouble connecting with both of my consoles. Most of the time it won't connect until I test the connection. Sometimes it connects for a bit, then disconnects. Sometimes it tells me there's a MTU problem, even though I already changed it to auto. Never had these problems before this latest update.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the xbox lite 4gig slim version. I'm am able to connect to neighbors wifi, but not my own. I've restarted both the modem and router several times. Again, this all began after the recent update. Once connected to my neighbors low signal, I applied the downloaded update thinking that would help. It didn't. I've even gone into the network options and created a new password for my wireless in case that was the problem. The xbox can see my wireless signal at full strength and seems to connect, but once I try to sign in, I can't connect. Any help?

Sorry this didn't help.

In order to resolve your issue, we'll need as much info as possible. Please take a few minutes to read through this post, and then answer the questions at the bottom of the page back in your thread. I'll be moving this thread to the LIVE connection forums, so that the community there can help out.

Sorry this didn't help.