Trouble with the xbox sensing the controller

I have a two year old xbox (the black kinect ready version and 120gb I believe) that won't allow the controllers to connect. When I try to play any game the controller will work perfectly fine but then I get multiple messages, one after the other, saying to reconnect the controllers. I tried syncing but it only works once 1/10 times and the other I have to shut off my xbox and hope I saved my progress. I also tried switching to a different tv in case the signals were getting messed up. I tried using different controllers all different types and ages. I also switched between two charge and play packs and three different battery packs between the four controllers. I turned the xbox so it lays flat on my table which helps a bit. The reason I think it is the xbox not my controllers that is the problem is that none of the four controllers worked and I used fresh batteries. Also, the xbox can recognize the different controllers when it turns on but it won't establish a strong enough connection. Recently my friend was using my xbox and had knocked it over (destroying my copy of skyrim i might add) so something could have happened to it as my problem had occurred a few days after. I want to save buying a new one for worst-case-scenario and I am open to suggestions (even switching to a new console)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

One of the solutions may be holding the mini reconnect button on the top side of your controller on the left side, if this doesn't work then maybe you should search the xbox website in the technical support area.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It is probably a safe bet that if your console worked fine before your friend knocked it over that internally something got messed up in a bad way. I would have to suggest getting yourself set up for a repair  you can regester and set that up here      myservice.xbox.com/.../WhyRegister.aspx  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.