TROUBLE WITH THE NEW GEARS OF WAR LIMITED ADDITION XBOX CONSOLE

JUST GOT THE NEW GEARS OF WAR XBOX CONSOLE & TRANSFERRED ALL MY MEMORY ONTO IT NO PROBS & TESTED MY CONNECTION TO XBOX LIVE BEFORE SIGNING IN & IT CONNECTED IN A FLASH & WORKING FINE BUT WHEN I'M IN A CHAT PARTY IT KEEPS DISCONNECTING ME EVERY 5 SECONDS SO I AM UNABLE TO CHAT TO ANYONE & NOW AS I'M TYPING THIS I JUST GOT DISCONNECTED FROM XBOX LIVE, COULD THIS BE AN ISSUE TO DO WITH WHEN I TRANSFERRED MY MEMORY?? ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?? WORDS OF ADVICE ASAP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I did also get myself the Limited Edition Gears of War 3-themed Xbox 360 Slim today and transfered my old stuff onto the new one... and after struggling with updating the machine (eventually just decided to fix it through burning the update from the computer onto a CD and put it into the machine) I could at last start playing and so on with my 360 logged into Xbox Live. However, I'm getting disconnected like every 10th minute now for some reason, even though I'm using the same cable as I did for my old 360 (where I had no problems at all with staying online at all times on Xbox Live). Any idea what this can be about? Seems really strange and there must be some good way to solve this easiely.

I can connect perfectly directly after I've been disconnected, but it's getting pretty annoying to manually have to reconnect each 10th minute - which will make it impossible playing online-matches without getting disconnected over and over again in the middle of them. That would be a shame as I've been looking forward to Gears of War 3 so much, bot singleplayer- and multiplayer-wise, after all. All help's appreciated!

I haven't tested chatting yet, but I'll get back here about problems that may come up as soon as I've done that too.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i'm in exactly the same boat as you mate i was really looking forward to playing GOW3 too only difference is im being signed out of xbox live every 5 mins now, i thought maybe it might be because my profile wasn't transferred properly so i tried recovering my gametag but having a huge amount of gamescore like yourself doesn't help at-all but after about half hour it disconnected me while doing so. this is really starting to do my head in as i can imagine its doing the same for you :@ i was considering putting all the memory back on the old xbox for now but whats the point when i'l still have the same problem when i eventually fill up the last 5gb i have left. please let me know if you find a solution.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds pretty much like my problem yep. Hopefully we can get some answers on the matter from the support of Microsoft. I can imagine we're not the only ones experiencing the problem if it has something to do with the Gears of War 3 Slim, and if it doesn't, hopefully we could get some advice on what to do to get it to work properly.

Are you using wired or wireless connection by the way? Just trying to enlighten as much as possible to those that might peek in here to help out (or others with the same problem). I'm at wired myself as I said, which have worked perfect with the exact same cable on my old 360 Phat.

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah hopefully were not the only ones, more the merrier the faster the problem will get sorted. Yes i'm also using a wired connection which worked perfectly fine on my old xbox, i think iv'e just made the problem worse for myself by trying to recover my gametag because when i try to sign into live its stuck on the signing in loading bit   :@ seriously!? lol this couldn't get anymore frustrating.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Mm yeah it's really frustrating. I really hope they could fix this as soon as possible if there's something messy with these new Slim-versions (I dunno what that'd be though). I'd so like to enjoy it all knowing I don't have to reconnect every 5-10th minute - this also when I'm just playing the campaign as I'd like the achievements etc. to register when I'm online (for the date on them and so on). Hopefully we'll have an answer on the matter soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

do you think it would be worth giving microsoft a call?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys - really we'd need to know your exact network setup to help troubleshoot your new (and extremely awesome!) consoles. Can you all please review this thread, and then post the info requested in your own new thread? That would best help us help you. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

no offence but that thread you just gave is no help at-all because it isn't my internet thats the problem I've just put all my memory back on my old xbox 360 hard drive & im on xbox live right now with no problems. what use is it giving you my internet info??

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem with my Gears of War console.  I've transferred all my old data, and I connected via wi-fi AND wired ethernet, and every time I try to access something on the marketplace, my console freezes up.  For example, I tried downloading Resident Evil 4 from the marketplace, but when I selected the pane from the Game Marketplace slot, my xbox wouldn't load anything, and then it told me there's something wrong with my connection.  So I plugged in   an ethernet cable (exact same one I was using earlier today with my old xbox) and the same thing was happening.  Do I need to manually configure the console or something?

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, now I've spent some more time today in front of my TV, so there's more to say on the matter obviously. And it is quite weird actually. When I'm playing online with friends, where I'm also in a Xbox Live Party and everything, the connection is perfectly fine and keeps going and going, working just as good as it used to do on my old Xbox, from what I can tell. However, as soon as I quitted playing online with friends now, it didn't take long until I got disconnected from Xbox Live again, just like earlier, at the same frequency. This seems very odd - the connection is obviously working perfectly, but only when I'm playing online - when I'm just doing singleplayer-stuff it's just like that it don't want me to be online so it keeps disconnecting me. Why would it ever turn out like that? It's something I really would like to get fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.