Trouble with parent account login.

Okay, so my son has an account that is underage, so we needed a parent account. Well, I cancelled my e-mail that was linked to that account. My son got a prompt telling him that the e-mail was cancelled and that we needed to enter a new parent e-mail. I entered my new LIVE e-mail and it's password, and everything was okay. I then went in to change some settings (for example, turn explicit content allowed to off) and the system keeps telling me that my password is incorrect. I can login to my LIVE e-mail on the computer, but as soon as I try to on the XBOX, I get an error saying that I entered the wrong password. Can anyone tell me how to fix this, or how to reset the parents account? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You deleted the WLID associated with the parent account? I think you're going to have to contact phone support about that one, and even then I'm not sure what they can do for you.

Another suggestion would be to contact the WLID people and see if they can recover your deleted account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It might be asking for a new WLID like it does when you first set up your xbox live account. Try entering an e-mail address that has a host like @yahoo or @gmail and see if it registers the WLID for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Right now calling Support is about only option.  You will need to go thru the dreaded "account verification" process.  You will be asked a series of questions about the account.  If you don't answer them to MS' satisfaction they won't help you.  The good news is that you can just keep trying...it took me several months and 5 attempts using the email version before I got my problem solved.

Sorry this didn't help.

What's microsoft's phone number? I'm having the same isue, my dad doesn't know what his windows live ID is and i haven't used this account in several years.

Sorry this didn't help.

Support numbers can be found here: support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.