Trouble with Indie xbox student membership

Hello, I have just mapped my student verified Dreamspark account with my Windows Live Id for my Xbox account. I am now trying to join the Indie games area but it is asking me to pay £65.00($99.00). However in the guide on the Dreamspark website it says, as a student, I can obtain this membership to the Indie area for free. So why is it still trying to charge me for it? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Because I have been trying to get the software and necessary tools for 3 weeks. Dreamspark took it upon themselves to ask me for every type of student verification possible (including a letter from my vice chancellor I believe) all because their end of the student sign up process was broken. I should have been able to simply use my University domain email address and use the code they sent to that email, which I did, but it failed to work because the service was messing around so it ruined the verification process. Thus making Dreamspark think I wasn't actually a student.

So as you may imagine, I am incredibly peeved off with it all.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

This doesn't have to do with your exact issue, but using your school email as your WLID can be a problem in the future if you forget your password and don't have your security proofs up to date. Keep several alternate emails on file, know your security question, and as soon as your like a month away from graduating change the WLID associated to your Microsoft Account. Sometimes MS asks you to verify your identity by accessing the email attached, not the proofs, and when you've graduated, obviously you can't do that.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Zyro, so you can't register here: xbox.create.msdn.com/.../membership ?

If not, I would suggest posting this question on the Create Forums where the teams who keep track of that program can better assist you: http://xboxforums.create.msdn.com/forums/

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah right, thanks for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Best of luck getting in, it's a great deal/opportunity for students.

Sorry this didn't help.