Trouble staying in parties

It all began about three days ago when my friend and I came back to play some games we had gotten on our Xbox's after not really touching the systems for about a month. The first day, everything was perfectly fine. The second day, he would begin to disconnect from the party that i was hosting. Gameplay was not affected at all and there was no lag. He had no issues when it came to rejoining the party, but he would simply be forcibly ejected from the party. The third day, yesterday, we had similar issues. I left to go to work and, upon coming back, we tried again with him hosting the party. The disconnects became more frequent and there would be times when the only way I could rejoin is by direct invite only. We checked our connections and tried again today, and the party fell apart after five minutes.

I don't know if it is related in anyway, but I had some difficulty loading the pages on Xbox.com. Other websites, such as facebook, loaded quickly and perfectly fine.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If support offers the solution of deleting your account, whatever you do, DO NOT delete your account, they cant be re downloaded at all suffer your disconnects its better than losing your account forever.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

G'day Zachurra1! First off: downloading your account is entirely possible, but I won't ask you to delete it.

Do either you or your friend ever disconnect completely from Xbox Live when this happens? And when you checked your network connections, do you both have open NAT types? If either of you has a moderate or strict nat type, check out the steps here to open it.

Let's have you and your friend both try the following steps in order:

1. If you have a USB drive, move (don't copy) your profile onto that drive. Sign out and remove the USB from your console.
  2. Clear the cache 3 times, and then restart the console.
  3. Download your profile from Xbox Live - don't plug in the USB drive yet! We want to get a fresh copy of the profile onto your console.

Let us know the results!

Sorry this didn't help.

We did all that, and we still get frequent disconnects. It also seems to be that the more we talk, the more frequent the disconnects become. If we remain silent, we stay in the party longer.

Sorry this didn't help.