Trouble moving offline profile to xbox live account

I am trying to create a child xbox live account.  I created my son a Microsoft account, he now has a gamertag, which is different from his offline profile.  I need to be able to use his offline profile with this new live account.  Signing in to xbox live on the 360 console tells me this e-mail is associated with another live account, which it is not.  This is the new account I created for this profile.  Since he is a minor, I have had the run around trying to get this set up.  I do not feel like wasting the xbox live card and Microsoft money I have yet to use until this is corrected.

Is there any way to convert this offline profile to this new live account?

Is there a number to speak with someone from customer service?

Frustrated...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey mate, there is no way to merge the new online profile with the local offline profile. If you still want to use the local profile, all you need to do is sign-in to it while connected to the internet. Then where your friends are usually displayed on the dashboard there will be an option to 'Join Xbox Live' or something to that effect.

Select that option and go through the steps, you will have to add a different MS account then the one that is attached to the other gamertag that you created or transfer the email off that gamertag following the steps here: support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Also I might just note that the reason it's saying the email is already associated to email is if you sign-in to xbox.com it will automatically create a gamertag in which case you need to select the 'Download Profile' option from the guide menu, full steps on downloading profiles here: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply.  I wish setting up a child account that I can manage was simpler; I expected a simpler process from Microsoft.  Sad that it's much easier to set up an account and simply lie about one's age.  The current status of his account is not satisfactory for me, but as you said, there is no way to move the GT onto the child account I created.  I wish I had known beforehand.

I tried creating a third account, but received an error saying Microsoft was unable to move the GT at this time. Too bad.

Well, thanks for the info,.

Sorry this didn't help.

No worries, I know this stuff can be confusing, but you can make any account safe for child by setting parental controls which control what games can be played and what content can be viewed. Before giving up I suggest looking at the full information here: support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control  

Sorry this didn't help.