Trouble linking paypal to xbox account

I was trying to link my paypa account to my xbox.com account. When I do this it takes me to pay pals website. I log in fine but it asks for a new debit or credit card. I have 2 cards on file but it still asks for another. I don't see any other option. I have money on both cards and the paypal a count itself has a balance of over $20. Is there something I am missing?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there! Just to clarify, you are seeing this message on Paypal's site, correct? You might want to contact them to see why they are asking you to add yet another card. To use on our Marketplace, we require that the Paypal account info match your profile info, and you have either a positive money balance or a valid credit card. Sounds like you have all that, so I'm not sure why it's asking you to add one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been having similar issues, following the instructions on xbox.com I get forwarded to paypal as one might expect, but when I confirm the transaction I get Error 8017,

"Unable to complete your request

The reward method you chose is not authorized. Please use another reward method to request your cashback reward. If you get this message multiple times, contact customer support.

Message 8017 "

there's a hyperlink that just utterly fails to be helpful, giving back only a bing search on their defunct rewards program. help?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.