Trouble installing anything, is my hard drive failing?

Bought a new xbox 360 s last christmas, and a 320gb hard drive some time after.

A few months or so ago, I had to reinstall netflix every time I tried to watch it. That stopped after a week, so I thought nothing of it.

A month ago, xbox said my cloud storage was turned off, which I have used for games in the past, so I tried re-activating it, and it told me my profile was not installed on the console. so I redownloaded my profile and was fine for a few weeks.

Now, when I put in Call of Duty Black ops 2, it says downloadable content has changed. When I try to join, it says I must install nuketown 2025. I've been playing this since it came out, so I knew I had it. Reinstalled anyway, and it says must install every time it gets to the multiplayer screen. Deleted all DLC for black ops 2 and started again, same issue. I put in GTA5, which I know was installed, and it tells me there is a 1 time install of 8gb, please insert install disk.

Sounds to me like possibly the hard drive is failing. Any other ideas? I bought the hard drive from gamestop less than a year ago. I don't play often, maybe once in the past month. It's never overheated, and I've never dropped or damaged it. Do they have warranties?

Right now my xbox is just a netflix viewing machine unfortunately.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

From what you have said, it does sound like the hard drive is failing. If the hard drive has failed I would suggest calling support and asking about the warranty.

Before doing so it might be worth trying a friends hard drive in the xbox to make sure its the hard drive

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.