Trouble Connecting To Xbox Live with 3G Mobile Broadband Modem

Okay so basically i have had my 3G mobile broadband modem setup for a while now and my xbox live has been running great until the past few days which i can no longer connect to xbox live, my xbox connects to internet fine but gets about a 1/3 of the way connecting to live and then directs me to update my console, at which point my local area connection disconnects itself and the update tries, then fails to work. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both my Modem and my local connection to no avail, i have all ports opened and ICS enabled as well as disabled my firewalls to make sure they weren't blocking it either. I have tried using a static IP but it just constantly searches for a network then shows limited or no connectivity. i am really getting frustrated and annoyed by this because  i have searched all the forums i can and found nothing helpful. please,please,please somebody help me with this it is driving me crazy. I have also tried releasing, and renewing my ip which hasn't helped either. Also i dont know if this affects anything or not but after restoring my connection on my xbox to factory settings the IP keeps changing to 192.168.blah.blah i will post my IP settings i have copied from CMD prompt below also i have posted the error codes given to me from my xbox if anybody could please help me out that would be great thanks :)

This is the Error Code what i get when the xbox tries to update: 335A - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007 - 2AF9

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : massacr3

Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 5:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-C0-DF-0D-BD-B2

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

PPP adapter 3Connect:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 94.197.114.121

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 94.197.114.121

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 217.171.132.1

Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 10.11.12.13

Secondary WINS Server . . . . . . : 10.11.12.14

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Hi,

Please look at one or both of these guides for help on this set-up:-

support.microsoft.com/.../978618

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/xbox-ics-bridging-guide

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just so I'm clear you are getting connected and it's telling you to update, the update is failing, right? That being the case that means that your connection may not be stable enough to update but your settings are all correct - that's not a shortcoming of anything you set up.

You may need to update manually by following the instructions listed here: support.xbox.com/.../system-updates.aspx

After the update is installed you should be able to resume - but the speeds offered by 3G are unstable. It doesn't really matter if it's been working or not, it may be working well enough to play but not well enough to verify all the data the update is sending. Manual update is your optimal option here.

Also, a 192.168.x.x IP on an ICS connection is exactly what you should expect to see just like hooking your xbox to a router - your computer in this case is the router and is acting like one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.