Tritton 720+ and Xbox One Headset Adapter Compatibility?

I have a pair of Tritton 720+'s, but I long ago modified the puck connector because I found it stuck to the Xbox 360 controller too stiffly.  Now the chat connector cable looks like a simply 2.5mm cable, but I'm worried about the following information found on this (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-compatible-headset) page:

"Nor will headsets with the 2.5-mm connector illustrated below work with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter due to the format of the connector.

(picture of 360 puck)"

I assume that since I don't have the "puck" anymore and it's just the 2.5mm plug that it will be compatible ... but I'm hoping someone better informed can help me out.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:
Answer

i have the trittons and it works for me. the adapter comes with a 3.5(male) to 2.5 (female) connector. so you can do 3.5 to 3.5 straight from the adapter to the headset or a 2.5 from the included connector to 3.5 on the headset. if you dont have one of those cables, you can go to best buy or walmart and buy a 3.5 to 3.5 and it will work just fine

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.