Tried everything, now I come to you guys for help, Thank you in advance.

Hey there everyone, I just have a slight problem not being able to get on Xbox live. I scan for my wireless network and get 3 bars, which is pretty good for me, but when I go into test my connection, which I always have to do a test to ever be able to connect to live, it shows that my wireless network has zero bars, and always fails between my xbox 360 and the wireless network. So I was wondering if it was an issues with my personal internet or my xbox console

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA, Ohio
Modem brand & model number:
Router brand & model number:
Network Connection Type: Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? None
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal adapter
Things you have tried: Hard resetting modem and router, Restarting Xbox, manually inputing IP and such
Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown
Is NAT Type Open? Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter: None
What type of internet do you have? I think it's Cable
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Timewarner Cable
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen? Can't obtain an IP address from your router or modem. Turn your router or modem off and back on, then wait 30 seconds. Have you restarted your router or modem?

Yes, yes xbox, I have. 12 times. Thank you for anyone who's able to offer me any help. This is rather frustrating, and I'm not good with Technology anyways haha

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there! Have you tried hooking the console up directly via ethernet cable? This can help rule out the wifi as a cause. Also, while you're working on that, please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1535140415.png]

Also, no I haven't because that would be impractical the way that my house is set up and I don't own a cable.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just wanted to add that now my wireless access point doesn't show up whenever I attempt to search for it. Only once ever few searches.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! I'm not suggesting using the wired connection permanently, but by testing it out, it can help us rule out certain causes. Can you try hooking it up via ethernet just to test? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.