Trial codes won't redeem, say I am already a gold member?

Hi! The subject is pretty self explanatory, I've tried to redeem two different codes, they are both valid, and ask me to confirm their use. When I do, it says I should give them to a friend because I already have gold? I definitely haven't or I wouldn't be redeeming codes. I have never bought gold, but i've used a trial code before for the halo 5 beta, and it worked fine yet. Thanks for reading, sorry it is all in one paragraph, but the xbox 1 onscreen keyboard doesn't have a line break button.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You're showing as gold here. You may want to check your subscriptions at http://commerce.microsoft.com  If you're still having issues, you'll need to contact support. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok thanks for the reply, but my xbox is saying I don't have gold. I'm not sure what is up with my gamercard here, the gamertag and score is right but everything else is wrong. Could be due to privacy settings I guess.

Sorry this didn't help.

On looking at commerce.microsoft.com, it says my membership expired 26th february after a 1 month prepaid period -I got this because of the master chief collection. Is this is what is now potentially stopping me from using a trial card? I read somewhere that you can't use a trial if you already had full gold. Thanks again.

Sorry this didn't help.

It would be best to contact support since the billing site is showing that your gold should have expired already. The 1 month card would not be what's keeping you from using the trial if it already expired. It's the fact that your account is still somewhat showing as gold on parts of the system. So there is some sort of issue somewhere.

Sorry this didn't help.