Trenton, NJ - Cannot connect to Xbox Live

I have read several threads on several forums, and like many of you, I cannot connect to Xbox Live.

I finally spoke to Verizon tonight, and the tech tried a variety of ideas, including resetting the router, powering it down, etc.  He even supposedly Released and Renewed the DHCP from his end.  All to no avail.

I have followed this thread, and tried Releasing and Renewing my router's DHCP on my own.  IPChicken.com has confirmed that I got a new IP Address (currently [mod removed]) on a few occasions, but still cannot connect.

Verizon asked if I could hardwire the Xbox to the router... no can do.  The router is upstairs in our computer room, and the Xbox is downstairs in the den.

I am glad to hear others have used these same methods, and gotten connected, but I cannot seem to do so, and that makes it all the more frustrating.

My router is the Actiontec MI424-WR

Firmware: 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.14.4

Hardware Version: D

Xbox 360 is from Launch Day (yes, never red-ringed once on me!)

Help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi! Can you describe the exact error messages you get when testing your console's connection to LIVE? Also, can you list the status codes supplied via the "More Info" option?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

See possible solution....from ToxicAce posted on 11/10/11.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.