Transferring OFFLINE progress to Live Account

I'm a god mom - so no flaming me. I could be your mom and then I'll change the wifi on you and won't turn it on until after chores.

Anyhoo - this is my problem. I created from my account on the web for my kids. I even picked really good usernames that won't show age, sex or real names and at the same time be kinda cool with half a joke in there (that was hard) so any suggestions that I create new ones will be more then frowned upon.

I set up their account with security settings, and I also set up their Xbox settings. As I understand now (after searching a lot) I shouldn't have done that, but instead moved to the xbox console and opened their offline accounts to add their new e-mail addresses there.

MICROSOFT - ADD A WARNING SCREEN TO THE PROCESS - DO YOUR CHILD ALREADY HAVE AN OFFLINE XBOX ACCOUNT? FOLLOW THESE STEPS! No other mother should have to endure this like I am.

So, for real - I need to transfer their offline game progress to their new online accounts. How do I do that?

And if the answer is "you can't" then Microsoft... you need to get on this *** now and solve it. I can't bake that many cakes and I will ruin summer for my kids. There might be a risk of me throwing it all out and move over to PS3 just because I'm a mom and my rage against devices that don't work with me sometimes will force my hand and I destroy said devices. I can afford it. I don't want to though. I want to be a nice mom.

With those threats to inanimate objects I'll add a bonus (I said I was a good mom). I will get my sons Minecraft. And a LiveID allowance. There is money to be made here. 

Many thanks in advance for your swift, polite and solutions to my probelms that include me being a hero to my kids, and not a good news/bad news mom.

/Pia

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:
Answer

THIS IS THE ANWER ON HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR KIDS ACCOUNT FROM OFFLINE TO A LIVE ID

There is a way to transfer accounts - takes 60 Days. Ask for it when you Contact support. I didn't do it so I don't know.

The Live registration wasn't offline or anything - it just didn't accept the promotion for kids account.

This is the way it worked for me:

1. I signed in to microsoft account with my personal account.

2. Under FAMILY I add accounts for my kids, I create a new e-mail for them

3. Set the age to above 18 years

4. Step away from the computer

5. Go to the consol

6. Log in with your kids offline account

7. Under social, go past the avatar and click 'join the fun'

8. Register

9. Use the new e-mail adress you created

Voila!!! The accounts progress, achievements and Everything gets transfered to the new acount and the old is deleted.

For good measure, log in to your kids acount and set the age right. Good luck. I hope that I can save other moms and dads some sweat blood and tears.

"The one you feed"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.