transferring my xbox 360 account to xbox one

What i want is to bring my xbox 360 account to xbox one, but my email that is on my xbox 360 account has expired. I then went to billing info and changed it. So, after doing so, I went onto the xbox one, went to "add new", put in the new email, then got to password part and it said "you need to use the password of your microsoft account" and i assure you it is the correct password. What can i do to transfer my account to the Xbox one?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It may just take some time for the account to show the change. I would try again, but if you still have a problem post back here to let us know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

A question that I have is did you go to Xbox.com to change the email over or did you go to account.live.com and sign in. If you went to xbox.com and signed in and changed it there it would have only changed the Contact Email " Secondary Email" on your account which is where you get purchase Confirmations.

If you went to account.live.com and signed in you would have to go to Account aliases  and it will show your email as "primary alias" if you went there and hit change and changed the email over then that can take some time for it to switch the email over

Hope this Helped

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey LProtigy,

Are you still experiencing difficulties with migrating your account to the Xbox One? When you stated that your current email account that is tied to your GT is expired do you mean that it is no longer valid? Reach back if you are still experiencing this so we can continue to try and help troubleshoot this with you.

Sorry this didn't help.