Transferring my Gamertag to my new hotmail account, even though there is now a Gamertag on my new account???? seriously stressed. lol

I have recently bought a new windows 8 laptop, i had to set up a new account to be able to use windows 8. i would like to transfer my gamertag for my Xbox gold live account to this new email address, unfortunately there is a gamertag associated with my new email address for windows 8, which I do not remember setting up. when i try to transfer the gamertag it says that there is already a gamertag associated with this account. i really need to put my xbox live gamertag onto this new email address as I do not want to use my old email address any more.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 42 Applies to:

I'm having exactly the same problem. Does anyone have a solution please?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Trout. Checkout the link in Mistress Sara's first response. That should help you out. :D

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi NuwixLive,

It might be better to make a separate thread on your issue if you haven't already so some of gamers with a bit more experience on account migration and the fifa pass can chime in.

-

I know Xbox Live will allow account migration now. Check out this thread for more details: forums.xbox.com/.../442533.aspx

-

I'm not sure about the Fifa pass. I think it's only good for the account that redeemed it.

-

Wish I had more. (Btw, your English is fine.)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there.

How long ago did you set up the other account?  You can transfer a gamertag from one email to another, but it can only be done once every 30 days.

-

You'll need a third Email account so you can do the switching.

Detailed steps on how to do the transfer can be found here: support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

-

I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

ohhh i think i get you. i will take a look now

thanks x

#

Sorry this didn't help.

hi, sorry. i dont want to change my gamertag. i wish to change the email address my gamertag is associated with...?? any ideas. i want to be able to use my windows 8 hotmail account with my old LoverManAlbo Gamertag

regards

Sorry this didn't help.

I think Im having the same situation (kind of).  Yesterday i brought Fifa 13 and I wanted to play online with my friends so I redeemed the online pass but then I realized that i can only play if i got the Xbox live Gold membership. So today I brought the Gold membership but when I wanted to activate it, it keeps asking me my billing information. The thing is, I live in Switzerland but in the account registerd as UK. Since we dont have the option to change the country/region, I made a new account but im afraid to activate my Gold membership because I dont know if i can use my fifa 13 online pass on my new account.  Help me please!! Im actually a PS3 user so Im new to Xbox

P.S sorry for my bad English :)

Sorry this didn't help.