Transferring data

So i just got a 250GB Slim Xbox, and i wanted to transfer my gamertag, data, gamesaves, dlc, licenses, etc to the new console from my old 20GB console.  I have no idea how to do it so, can anybody give us some advice or do microsoft have a detailed guide to follow.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="omahonyv"]

Are free data migration cables a thing of the past if you're upgrading from an arcade to an elite?[/quote]They stopped offering them for free once they realised people were selling them on. 

Are free data migration cables a thing of the past if you're upgrading from an arcade to an elite?

I'll do the license transfer thing when I get the new xbox. Cheers people.

It's four months between license transfers now.

No they wont they shortend the time down from 12 months to 6 but they cannot and will not do it befor that time now

im sure customer services will help out a little if you happen to buy another new console from MS lol

Bare in mind you can only transfer licenses once every 121 days, i think it said, so if you're getting a new console you should just wait till then.

as above...if you dont transfer the licenses to the new console, you will only have access to the full content like full arcade games when your connected to LIVE, offline it will revert to a trial mode. Transferring licenses is painless, and taken care of with a few clicks of a mouse

if you dont transfer licenses dlc and arcade games wont be available offline

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

www.xbox.com/.../Home  After using the Transfer Cable, use that link to migrate your content licenses from your old console to your new one, Transfer cable will move everything, its quick and clean, but you will have to pay for the cable unless you can borrow one off someone

[/quote]

Wait do you have to do this? I dont remember doing it for my upgrade from 20GB "Premium" xbox to the 120GB Elite?

Just curious as I'll be upgrading to the 320GB Gears 3 Slim later on this month.