Transferring data from the old xbox 360 hard drive to another old 360 hard drive using flash drive.

Hello! I've recently bought an old version xbox 360 120gb hard drive because my old 20gb hard drive was no longer sufficient for my needs. I don't own a transfer cable but I heard it is possible to move it all across from the 20gb to the 120gb. I know how to do this, but I have a little confusion about it and need to have them cleared up before I try to move it all.

1. I need to move everything across, and I am using a USB flash drive with 1.3gb of space, Meaning I would have to transfer my gamer profile to the hard drive separately to the saved games. So firstly, is it actually okay to move the saved game data to the new hard drive separately to the gamer profile?

2. Will all the saved games be linked to my gamer profile on the new hard drive after transfer? I don't want to be left with a gamer profile that is basically empty, and a load of saved game data that I cant use.

Thanks very much,

- J

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

+

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alright here is what you need to know,

- You can just import your Profile on the new HDD via downloading it.

- You can copy your game saves onto the Flash Drive and copy that onto the new HDD once you attached it on your 360.

- Game saves I don't think they are linked to your game profile but it should work just fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll give that a try and see how it goes. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.