Transferring control to the person who walks in the room with auto logins...

This is really, really annoying.  You have auto login with Kinect, which is great, but you are in the middle of something and chat will disconnect, or youtube will stop, etc. because the new person over rides the current user.  That is not ok and it is one of several things that that need to be fixed immediately!

Others include:

Chat - fix it so it that "Turn Party Chat On" is the default.  It really bothers me it's not integrated into the OS like it was in the 360.  Now I have to open an app that takes way too long to start then, then I have to open my friends, which is another app like function that takes too long and is horrible to navigate, and if I want to add multiple people I have to go back and forth.  HORRIBLE DESIGN!

Quick NAV - Again, there were plenty of features that were awesome on 360 and were the gold standard, and the new design in several are huge steps backward.  We all want quick access to Chat,, Achievements, Friends, Settings, etc without breaking the experience going to a main menu and opening slow cumbersome apps.  PLEASE BRING THESE BASICS BACK!  Maybe too late, I suppose, because these things were integrated into the OS of the 360 and not in the ONE, which, again, is just terrible.

Achievements - New fancy pics that don't explain the Achievement unless you open it, HORRIBLE.  Further made horrible that you have to leave your experience and open another APP to look at them.  And made even more difficult when you want to compare with Friends because you have to got to the Friends App essentially. 

DLNA does not work in any form between my Windows 7 (fully updated) PC's and the Xbox One.

New headsets are great, but mine has already had issues with the wire to the base.

My pins to home disappear all the time, sometimes a couple, sometimes several. Have to reset them.

Why is it nearly impossible to navigate the system without voice?  You know, when the voice stuff works it is a truly wonderful experience, when it is not, it is frustrating but soon made horrible when you can't figure out how to navigate anywhere in the system without it. 

Why are demos so darn hard to find and not an option on the main game purchase screen???  This makes no sense.

Xbox music - great service wish I could use it on my Windows 7 phone.

Where is 3D support on Blu Ray?

Also, XBOX ONE turns everything on and works well with my TV, and then it doesn't???  I have to do a hard reset to reestablish about every 3-5 days.

MS just let Sony steal a bunch of their great functionality and innovation in systems, network and chat, and at the same time abandoned what made XBOX so great.  DID ANYONE THAT WORKED ON 360 OR EVEN PLAYED A 360 ON A REGULAR BASIS, WORK ON THE ONE?   How can there be so many steps backward on the meat and potatoes of what made the OS system the leader in the previous gen?

I know this is a tirade.  There is much I truly love about this system, but the lack of thinking and issues with basic functions is absolutely frustrating, especially for the chunk of dough I dropped on these systems.  Thank god, you realized you needed to pack the headsets in by the way, that would have been a nightmare with everyone chatting through Kinect.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You dont have to auto sign in with kinect. Kinect can be disabled for signin. Go to settings and select Sign-in,security & passkey and turn off Kinect sign in. For the rest of your post it belongs in the feedback forums found here forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

But we want to sign people in, but that doesn't mean they should over ride the current user.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds like your Kinect is better than mine. I have mine set to log me in and it never logs in my wife when she walks past it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, 2 things I have learned about that, Kinect works better above the tv and use the Kinect setup to make sure it is seeing the room correctly.  Especially, if you move the Kinect.  Go to the Kinect are in the "Settings App"

Sorry this didn't help.

That could be the reason. I have my kinect below the tv at about the same level as the xbox one.

Sorry this didn't help.