Transferring Content Licenses

A couple of years ago, I purchased the family pack for myself, my wife, and our two boys. Over time, items were purchased on all 4 accounts depending on birthdays, rewards, etc.

My wife passed away in August of last year, and I would like to cancel and remove her account from the Xbox so it is not a daily reminder to the boys, but there are several items that were purchased by her. I am not interested in transfering achevments or saves, just the purchased items.

Is there any way to merge or transfer the information and delete her account?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there InflatedNumber!

-

Terribly sorry to hear about your loss and hope you're making it through the hard times! :(  It is possible.  When someone on the Xbox purchases something, that comes with two licenses; a console license, and an account license.  So, anyone on the console can still play the games that your wife purchased as long as you are playing on the console that your wife purchased that games from. ;-)  

-

You can delete an account by going to Settings>System Settings>Memory/Storage>Select the Memory Unit or HD that your wife's profile is on, select "Profiles">Delete Profile Only

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.