Transferring Content Licences Within 4 month period

Hey Guys,

Really hoping you can help me out here.

Long story short. Had an old xbox that had content still on it that I had forgotten about so used the Content Licence Transfer Tool. Now this worked perfectly. Problem being, I just decided to purchase the new Xbox 360 Slim GoW 3 edition, and now need to migrate all my content again. So 2 questions.

1. I have a transfer cable. And all my content is on my old Xbox 360 Elite, can I just transfer everything using the migration cable? Or do I need to do a Licence Transfer to the new console.

2. If I do need to do a licence transfer, can I please have the 4 month timer reset? I'm picking the console up in around 13 hours. So your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

ThIrD eYes.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

1. Yes.

2. No.

You can still access all of your download content while you are signed into XBL.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When the 360S was released in 2010, people reported that Support was waiving the License Transfer waiting period when a new console was purchased. So it couldn't hurt to call Support and ask after you buy your new console. (But the waiting period was still 12 months back then vs. 4 months now, so they might not be as flexible when the wait isn't as long.)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.