transferring account?

sorry, possibly a very silly question, but new to this, so please bear with me....

I have been playing xbox (not connected to the net) for a while now and have accumulated points... but i set up a free live account online before connecting my xbox to the net and now that i am connected to the net, i'm wondering if i can transfer my accumulated points from my account on my xbox onto my account online (i'm only getting the option to "join live now" on the xbox, rather than a "sign in"... and when i follow the set up steps, it just tells me "there is already a gamertag associated with this account")... what i feel i need is a sign in as opposed to a sign up... but i don't have that option... is there any way i can transfer my achievements etc?

Thanx in advance for any info... even if it is to tell me i'm asking a daft question :S

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Achievements cannot be transferred from one account to another.  They are limited to the account they were earned on.  I see you only have 70 achievement points on the account you posted with.  If you have more achievements on the other account, just join live from that one and be done with it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.