Transfering my Gamertag Vs Recovering it?

so i purchased a new slim and i did not get the transfer cord because i really dont need the old games on my new 360 because i dont play any of them anymore and don't have anything saved really. my question is this. should i transfer my gamertag with a usb or memory card to my new 360 or should i just recover it on my new system. if i recovered it would i be able to access my name on both systems or on both hard drives? if not what is the difference between transfering my gamertag vs recovering? what should i do? thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Your best solution would be to transfer it via a USB device. Additionally, a valid occurrence of your gamertag may only exist in one location at a time.

-Jim

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

so if i recover it in one place and then go to play it on my old system it won't work?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you recover it to another console and then try playing it on your original console, you will most likely get a message that your profile is "out of date" or something and be asked to recover it. As mentioned above, we do suggest that you use a USB device to move your account to other consoles.

Sorry this didn't help.

have you guys used the cables to move all your saved stuff from one HD to the other? also how does the profile go corrupt when you recover it alot?

Sorry this didn't help.